When I first joined the Mobile App team at Metro Bank the majority of the projects were three week sprints to redesign small journeys intended as minor fixes; I then moved on to working on longer projects. In order to showcase as much of the work that I did as possible Ive split this case study into two sections. Section 1: Smaller projects & Section 2: 1 large project where I go more in depth in all the research findings and development work.
Part 1 of the case study describes a few smaller projects I worked on while Part 2 provides a more in depth look into a longer project I worked on.
When working on 2 to 3 week projects I tended to use the below process to make sure I was able to plan my time and know what to expect.
Present findings from research
Liaise with UI designer
Below are some of the projects that I ran using the aforementioned process.
Set up a new payee
Redesigning our create new payee journey. feedback from user interviews during the project led to a cool new feature where if the user searched for a payee that they had not yet set up they would have a call to action to jump straight into the setup new payee flow. Below is the finalised journey:
New IA for business & retail banking customers
As part of a much larger project which I worked on for three months - A redesign of our applications information architecture. Below is the finalised design solution of the IA
Notifications centre redesign
A redesign of our notifications centre to allow the user more control over how, when and why the application notifies them of something. During user interviews I discovered that their is a thin line between notifications being annoying and very needed. Notifications of updates on the application can be annoying but being notified of a transaction on your account can be a great security measure especially because you can freeze your card easily via our application. Interestingly some users I spoke to wanted to be notified of transactions over a given amount - for some this amount was £5, for others £250. After reviewing and analysing the user interview transcripts it was clear to me that what our users wanted was as much control as possible. Below is a wireframe from the project and a visual it later turned into.
banking journeys to help people better manage their money.